loooong day….

September 27, 2006 at 11:50 am | Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Well, it’s not even noon yet and it has been a looooong day already. We woke up extra early to get ready and bring Mia in to Portland for an early morning eye exam. After getting myself turned around, taking the wrong exit TWICE and finally finding my way back to where I wanted to go, we finally made it there, albeit 20 minutes late. Since I called from the road, they were nice about it and let us keep our appt. slot. They put drops in Mia’s eyes and then we waited in the waiting room for about 40 minutes to make sure that the drops had time to take effect and dialate her eyes. She was quite the little trouper during the eye exam. After the exam was complete, the dr. said that yes, she was going to have the same (out-patient) surgery that Bella had at that age to open her tear duct passageway.
They scheduled her surgery for THIS Friday at the ungodly hour of 6:30AM. Who knew doctors were even done on the golf course by then???

As for me, I went to see a new doctor yesterday for my fibromyalgia. She specializes in physical therapy for people suffering from it. Since she is out in Bridgton, Roanna watched the girls for me (she rocks!) and I drove out there …..SUCH a gorgeous drive. Especially this time of year! There are so many waterways and leaves turning in the trees the line the road along Rte. 26 and 117 that the hour went by very quickly. The beautiful drive through Oxford and Norway in itself made the trip out there worthwhile! I highly recommend taking a drive out that way if you have the chance!

Usually when I have my therapuetic massage, it is extremely painful (off and on right up there with childbirth- no lie). The therapy I had yesterday was similar in technique to the massages but without the pain.

As I drove home I thought that it had probably been a waste of time. But by the time I got home, I was intensely exhausted and SORE and my joints were started to swell and ache. By the evening, I had to admit that SOMETHING was going on because I felt like I had run a marathon and was verging on exhaustion. So…..whatever she did, it was powerful. Next time I had better pay more attention to being hydrated afterwards so I don’t get so sick. I was seriously down for the count for the rest of the night. I could barely finish the drive home and was totally NOT a good driver towards the end. Yikes.

So that’s what I’ve been up to the last couple of days.
What’s up with you????


Leave a Comment »

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.
Entries and comments feeds.

%d bloggers like this: